I have been nominated for the Creative Blogger Award by my blogger pal over at Semi-Sweet Tooth! I am so honored to be nominated for something I love doing – cooking, writing, and sharing it with friends. I have no idea what happens next, but I am just happy to be recognized. Below are the rules for continuing the Creative Blogger Award chain!
- Thank and link back to the person who nominated you (mention your nominator in your own award post with a link back to their original award post, which would be this one).
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate other bloggers and comment on their blogs (usually on their about page or contact directly if necessary) to let them know.
So, given the rules, here are 7 things to know about me.
1. You have probably already learned this from a few of my blog posts, but I have an unhealthy obsession with using up leftover food whenever possible. I always try and plan how much food we will need before we go on a trip, taking into account any lingering fridge ingredients that might go bad. For example, most recently I made a double batch of Marble cookies JUST to use up the sour cream we had in the fridge.
2. I am the middle child with one older and one younger sister. I think being in the middle has contributed to my personality in a million ways: I’m a peace-maker, I hate conflict, I can be really weird and awkward, and I have a terrible time making decisions. Some of these traits also just might be who I am. We will never know…
3. My dream used to be to have a cooking show on the Food Network and to own my own bakery. I love teaching others about food and I love cooking for others. I have not given up on these dreams so much as changed what I’m interested in.
4. There is culinary creativity in my blood. My great aunt used to be a food writer in Toledo, Ohio and has published a few cookbooks as well! Though I never got to cook with her, I inherited her love for cooking. I have learned my cooking skills from many people to whom I am grateful: my mother, in her own don’t-follow-recipes kind of way; my father, in his specific techniques and skills; and former bosses and co-workers who have taught me about efficiency, tasting as you go, and making beautiful presentation when it matters.
5. I love animals and currently have two ridiculous cats named Lewis and Magellan. They are named after explorers because they wouldn’t stop exploring and checking things out when we first got them. They are my furry children and they have many talents including fitting into boxes too small for them, giving us “bear paws,” asking for belly rubs, and looking cute.
6. I speak (almost) fluent French and am working on my Spanish. I love the feeling of connecting with someone through a foreign language.
7. In grad school I drank wine, ate delicious homemade food, and talked a lot about food, farming, and culture. It was pretty awesome.
Finally I would like to nominate some other blogs that I enjoy reading in no particular order.
1. Peeled Wellness – Kim’s blog is about more than just healthy eating. She shares tips for getting good sleep and saving money. And every week she connects bloggers from all over with her Tell ’em Tuesdays!
2. Crafty Coin – I think if I lived in Chicago we would totally be friends. BreAnna has great tips for saving money by breaking down her weekly grocery haul and showing you what she makes. She also has some great DIY projects.
3. Rare Beauty – I only recently discovered this wonderful blog but I love it. Her photos and recipes are colorful and creative and give me a glimpse of another side of the world!
4. Girl about Town Dayton – As a former Daytonian myself, I love reading all of Lauren’s creative ideas for having fun in a small town in Ohio (not Daytona, Florida!)
5. Cooking is My Sport – I like this girl’s approach to food and cooking. Jess takes her food seriously and has some amazing and creative looking recipes!